We are seeking a Senior Accountant/Manager for our London office who would be a successor to our CPA Partner. Must have or be working toward a CPA designation.
Allied Associates LLP is a unique public accounting firm. Our accounting advisors work independently in a home office environment allowing for a flexible schedule in communities across Southern Ontario. We envision going beyond our role as accountants by serving as business advisors to family farms and small businesses. Our advisors are supported by a network of specialists and collaborative team members, enabling us to provide expertise in all aspects of accounting, income tax preparation, and advisory services including succession, estate, and business planning.
We believe in collaboration, sharing ideas, and creating an inspiring work environment that will impact the clients and communities we serve.
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
- Manage the completion of review engagements including financial statement presentation and disclosure requirements under ASPE, review and sign off workpaper files prepared by accounting advisors and CPA students, serve as a technical reference person regarding accounting standards and the CPA handbook, and mentoring CPA students and other staff.
- Provide accounting, tax, and business advisory services with a special focus on family farm and agribusiness clients.
- Prepare and/or review T1 and T2 income tax returns, financial statements on a Compilation basis, Harmonized Sales Tax returns, payroll reporting and other financial reports including AgriStability/Agri Invest applications.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to colleagues, assist in their development, and support efficient delivery of quality accounting services to clients.
- Develop and contribute to the success of the team by committing to learning and implementation of all company standards, processes and policies that have been developed for the benefit of both employees and clients. This will include participation in team meetings and the effective resolution of questions, issues, and problems.
Salary is competitive and negotiable.
If you are focused on being part of a team that helps Ontario Farm Families Succeed, please apply now.
TO APPLY FOR THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY WITH ALLIED ASSOCIATES:
Please send us your resumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org